I. Love. Tofu. If you’re anything like me than you do too, which means you’re going to obsess over this Fried Tofu Creamy Caesar Salad! 😉
If you’re gluten-free, than eating fried food out is like finding a needle in a haystack. It’s nearly impossible, folks. Fries? Fuhgeddaboutit. (Unless you dine at Five Guys for fries and a milkshake -yes, I have done that before.) Your odds of eating fried food grow even slimmer if you prefer to not eat any meat or meat products, like I do. This means that even if a fryer is dedicated gluten-free, if any kind of meat has been fried in the same oil, than I won’t eat it. A total bummer.
That’s exactly why this Fried Tofu Creamy Caesar Salad is to die for. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make. A recipe immediately becomes a favorite of mine when it only has a few key ingredients and this one only has six ingredients! Talk about impressive.
Notes on Fried Tofu Creamy Caesar Salad:
- While this recipe is Gluten-free, it is not Vegan. To make it so, you will need to find another way to batter the tofu (a flour and water combination might work well for this), swap out the parmesan cheese for vegan cheese, and use vegan salad dressing. I recommend trying Hampton Creek’s Just Caesar salad dressing, if you haven’t already. It’s delicious.
- Buy the crispiest gluten-free breadcrumbs you can find (you’ll thank me later). I used 4C’s Gluten-Free Plain Breadcrumbs. They are available at Wal-mart for a good price. I really love these breadcrumbs, they make the best fried tofu.
- Add any vegetables that are close to expiration to your salad to use them up and add more nutrients to your meal.
- Always press tofu for the best results, especially when frying. (Instructions on how to do this will be down below in the Recipe’s instructions.)
- If you like this recipe check out my Vegetarian Tofu Scramble | Black Bean & Spinach